Ko te manu e kai ana i te Mātauranga, nōna te Ao! – The bird who partakes in Knowledge, is open to the opportunities of the World!
Te Ao Māori for Schools
We offer two defined courses; for Educators who wish to upskill in this area, and for Students in the classroom who are developing their Te Ao Māori knowledge.
Mō ā tātou tamariki – Te Ao Māori for Students: Ākonga will develop a deeper understanding and working knowledge of Te Reo Māori while exploring general tikanga and kaupapa māori.
Mō ngā kaiako – Te Ao Māori for Educators: For kaiako and kaimahi within an educational setting, who are looking for a flexible, professional development course focused on helpful language to use with your students and whānau.
Benefits For Participants
Engage in our course material during class time or on the go
Explore specific topics and language within Te Ao Māori
Develop your understanding and confidence within kaupapa Māori settings
A Top Learning Platform for Te Ao Māori
For the Classroom
- Intro to Te Ao Māori
- Info slide - Corporate roles - Useful Phrases
- Info slide Objects within an Office
- Info slide Spaces in an Office
- Info slide Whakapapa
- Listening Question Corporate Phrases
- Listening Question Corporate Phrase 2
- Mihimihi Adding your Organisation
- Pōwhiri Wero
- Drop-down question He Whakaputanga
- Long answer Whakapapa Model example
- Annotated text questions - General Ettiquette
- Annotated text questions
- Drag and Drop Tikanga
- Highlight General ettiquette
- Highlight spot the errors
- Long answer Whakapapa Student answer
- Scratch Pad Match the meaning
- Speaking Function Vocab Lists
- Speaking Practice example Feelings
- Structure of Māori Society
- Te Tirit o Waitangi Misunderstanding of Power
- Vocab List progression markers
- Whakapapa Drag and drop Grammar
- Writing Drag and drop Whānau
Kete Kōrero – Course Learning Modules
- Te Whakahuatanga: Pronunciation
- He Mihi: General greetings and Introductions
- Ngā Ritenga: General Etiquette
- Ngā Kare ā-roto: Feelings and Asking How Someone Is
- Mihimihi: Speeches of Greeting & Interrelationships
- Pōwhiri, Mihi Whakatau: Formal & Informal Encounters
- Te Reo o te Akomanga: Language for the Teaching Space
- Aotearoa NZ Histories: Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Matariki etc
- Te Kāinga me te Whānau: Home and Family
- Wetereo: Grammar
- Te Wā me te Huarere: Time and Weather
- Te Reo o te Tari: Office Language (For Educators)
- Intermediate Course & NCEA Practice Material (For Students)
- And Much More…
Each Kete Kōrero contains vocabulary, comprehension, writing and speaking activities. The lessons are broken up into scaffolded blocks so that they are appropriate for beginner and intermediate level learners, without the need for an expert in Te Reo and Te Ao Māori to guide them.
Available on Mobile, Tablet, Laptop and PC and securely hosted in the cloud using AWS, you can learn anytime, anywhere.
Karamu High School
Koinei te rauemi mutunga kē mai mō āku ākonga reo Māori. Ahakoa i te kāinga, i te kura rānei, kāore i tua atu i tēnei mō te tōai i ngā kupu hou.
Wainuiomata Intermediate Teacher
I have only recently started using Education Perfect, so far I absolutely love it. The student engagement is amazing; they seem really motivated to do the tasks I set. In particular, it has helped my students and I improve our use of te reo in the classroom. As I discover more about this teaching tool, I continue to find ways to help my students – from differentiated work, to competitions, or formative assessment, Education Perfect is proving to be a great asset to my classroom.
Education Perfect is a wonderful tool to help revise and learn new words and sentence structures in Te Reo Māori across all language modes. I am really impressed with the Exam revision for senior students. Kei runga noa atu ngā rauemi nei hei whakatairanga i tō tātou reo Rangatira Tukua kia rere!
Tararua College, Pahiatua
Āe, I will definitely continue with the Māori content. I am loving it! Feedback on the course – Ka mutu pea! I have been enjoying it very much. My understanding when hearing the Reo has always been much stronger than my ability to reply, and this has really helped me. The different learning modes are a genius inclusion. I am hoping this course is helping my colleagues as much as me.
Joanne Des Forges
Marlborough Girls’ College, Blenheim
I thoroughly enjoyed the course, especially learning all the kupu. My understanding of sentence structure is still a little fuzzy but it is complicated for an English speaker to get their head around – however I will continue to work on this. A very valuable course for me personally and will be of great value for my kura as well. A big thank you for all the support you and your team have offered. Thank you for the opportunity to complete the course. Ngā mihi nui, nā Jo.
Glenbrook School, Auckland
I really enjoyed the course and the opportunity to broaden my Te Reo knowledge. I especially liked the vocabulary activities as well as the lessons around Matariki and the Treaty of Waitangi. These were relevant and I hope to go over/use them more within my own classroom.