He waka eke noa tēnei – This is an opportunity for everyone!
Te Ao Māori for Everyone
Develop your understanding of Te Reo Māori and general tikanga to assist with the normalisation of our national taonga within your home and local community.
This course is made up of 10 overarching Kete Kōrero (Learning Modules) filled with fun,
interactive lessons and activities, exploring a range of kaupapa beneficial to all Kiwi learners.
Automated tasks offer immediate feedback and an abundance of opportunities
to practice reading, writing and speaking Te Reo Māori.
Benefits For Participants
Learn at your own pace, anywhere, anytime
Learn specific language relevant to your whānau
Explore protocols and cultural events used and celebrated in our community
A Top Learning Platform for Te Ao Māori
Learning for Everyone
- Intro to Te Ao Māori
- Info slide - Corporate roles - Useful Phrases
- Info slide Objects within an Office
- Info slide Spaces in an Office
- Info slide Whakapapa
- Listening Question Corporate Phrases
- Listening Question Corporate Phrase 2
- Mihimihi Adding your Organisation
- Pōwhiri Wero
- Drop-down question He Whakaputanga
- Long answer Whakapapa Model example
- Annotated text questions - General Ettiquette
- Annotated text questions
- Drag and Drop Tikanga
- Highlight General ettiquette
- Highlight spot the errors
- Long answer Whakapapa Student answer
- Scratch Pad Match the meaning
- Speaking Function Vocab Lists
- Speaking Practice example Feelings
- Structure of Māori Society
- Te Tirit o Waitangi Misunderstanding of Power
- Vocab List progression markers
- Whakapapa Drag and drop Grammar
- Writing Drag and drop Whānau
Kete Kōrero – Course Learning Modules
- Te Whakahuatanga: Pronunciation
- He Mihi: General greetings and Introductions
- Ngā Ritenga: General Etiquette
- Ngā Kare ā-roto: Feelings and Asking How Someone Is
- Mihimihi: Speeches of Greeting & Interrelationships
- Pōwhiri, Mihi Whakatau: Formal & Informal Encounters
- Aotearoa NZ Histories: Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Matariki etc
- Te Kāinga me te Whānau: Home and Family
- Wetereo: Grammar
- Te Wā me te Huarere: Time and Weather
- Puna Kiriata: Video Library Lessons
- Puna Pātai: Speaking Practice Activities
- And Much More…
Each Kete Kōrero contains vocabulary, comprehension, writing and speaking activities. The lessons are broken up into scaffolded blocks so that they are appropriate for beginner and intermediate level learners, without the need for an expert in Te Reo and Te Ao Māori to guide them.
Available on Mobile, Tablet, Laptop and PC and securely hosted in the cloud using AWS, you can learn anytime, anywhere.
for only NZD $79 + GST per user
EP Te Ao Māori for Everyone has restored my faith in education learning platforms. It is super easy to navigate and caters for everyone in regards to their online learning knowledge and experience. The layout of the course and the content itself allows all Reo learners to start from where they feel comfortable. It will help expand their knowledge through multiple learning methods, which caters to everyone’s learning preference. It allows all users to have an equal and fair opportunity to expand their knowledge while utilising a beautifully designed course and user-friendly platform. With the internet and online learning being the way of the future, EP Te Ao Māori for Everyone will be a significant force within the education industry.
I have tried numerous Te Reo Māori courses throughout the years, and I have always struggled with finding the time for them to fit into my busy lifestyle. EP for Everyone allows me to learn when it suits me. There are numerous learning strategies covered, including visual, written and spoken, plus fun games to play at the end of units to consolidate learning. I already had an understanding of basic Te Reo Māori, and this programme allowed me to choose what I wanted to learn within an easily set out menu of numerous topics. I was able to pick units of work that suited my level and learning needs.
EP Te Ao Māori for me has been an exciting reconnection to my Kaupapa Māori journey. I studied Māori at high school but only recently found the time to fit in further study around my work and home commitments. The way EP for Everyone is structured – with clear instructions and engaging material – makes it a fun way to develop further my understanding and use of Te Reo Māori and tikanga. I’m thoroughly enjoying my experience with the platform and look forward to continuing my study and deepening my knowledge.